Dear brothers and sisters
We bring you some updates of information.
Restrictions in greater Geelong, Surf Coast and Mitchell Shire
Churches in greater Geelong, Surf Coast and Mitchell Shire are now out of lockdown. The following restrictions are now in place for all churches outside greater Melbourne:
- Masks remain mandatory indoors and outdoors, other than the one person leading/preaching/singing. QR codes are mandatory. A COVID check-in marshal must be at the entry to ensure check in.
- Up to 20 people can attend church services plus those essential to conduct the service.
- Funerals can have up to 20 mourners, plus those essential to conduct the service. If someone attends a funeral from greater Melbourne, the limit of ten mourners applies.
- Weddings can have up to 10 people, plus those essential to conduct the service.
- Groups can meet in church facilities with a maximum of 20 people on site. The
4sqm rule applies.
- Refreshments after church can be served. The 4sqm rule applies.
- Op shops can open with 4sqm rule. Masks are mandatory and cannot be removed for eating or drinking indoors.
- Meetings cannot be held in homes. Clergy and staff can work from church offices, maintaining 4sqm rule. Masks must be worn.
- People living in greater Melbourne cannot attend general church services in regional Victoria other than those who are workers, including volunteers, essential to conduct the service.
- Work permits are not required for work within regional Victoria.
Grace and peace in Christ Jesus
Archbishop Philip Freier